Tuesday, April 12, 2011

A good book is not hard to find

...unlike the hypothetical "good man". Here are some of my recommendations on how-to write books .

The first few are for those who want to pen children's lit:This is a general book that I remember being very good (it's been a number of years since I read it):
Ah, and grammar books - I have, and love, Strunk & White, of course, but these are my current favorites:
This next book I got from the library but I intend to buy a copy because any book that talks about how "anxious" is different from "eager" gets an enthusiastic thumbs-up from me!
Sherrie in my SCBWI critique group recommended this; while not as funny as the above two, it looks to be an excellent book:
The last couple are for the science fiction writers and fans. Feeling Very Strange is not really instructional although the intro is enlightening as it tries to define slipstream, and the stories are terrific reads:
This one is put forth by the editors of Asimov's Science Fiction magazine; I don't think I need to say more. :)
Do you have favorite writing books? Please share!

No comments: