Sunday, June 5, 2011

Distracted much?

I've self-diagnosed as ADD.  No, I'm not a psychiatrist, but I bet I could play one on TV!

Been busy trying to put the finishing touches on a story to be submitted to Nightfall, but have been distracted by too many other things: email replies to friends (long overdue emails), reconciling the checkbook, working on the homeschooling and the charitable donations budgets, doing labs with my younger son, planning for homeschooling in new school year (we homeschool year-round, so it's not a huge deal, but having a road-map of where we want to go and how we want to get there is still a good idea), etc, etc.

Really, though, I need to concentrate on the story first. One day, soon, I hope to have something to crow about on the writing front again so I can compete with our stupid rooster...crowing, that is, not writing.
In the meantime, here are some interesting articles I came across. Did you know that over a third of students entering college need remedial help? That's just sad. Hubby already knew it, I'm sure, since he teaches at a university, but it spurs me to work hard to make sure our kids are well-prepared for higher ed (plus know their gardening and survival skills so that they're not purely studious).

And related to my trying to budget, The Simple Dollar has a terrific article. Most of his articles are really good, of course, but some are more poignant and relevant to me than others.

Ok, back to writing...

No comments: