Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Planning ahead

I confess that planning is not my forte. My mom never gave me the organization gene; I got my dad's flakiness instead.  If I didn't have an external deadline to light a fire under my butt, I'd probably never accomplish anything.

However, it's never too late to teach this old dog new strategies, so I hope to train myself to plan ahead to do more interesting posts on this blog. For example, I hope to share and review blogs and websites that might be useful to writers and artists.

And now that I've worn my plan on my sleeve (please don't hate me for making jokes of metaphors...my favorite one is from a fellow ESLer who liked to say "get my sh*t in a row"...you know I mean you, JF), I'll have the 3 people who read my blog to shame me if I don't do as I say.

Anyhoos, here's something for the crafters - no reviews yet; my brain is not back from vacation - I don't sell on Etsy (anymore), but this is a terrific article for all those who want to be the next huge Etsy discovery:
6 Etsy Tips for Beginners
Hmmm, maybe I should try and sell these babies now that I'm done putting on the earring hooks (photo take pre-hooks)...
Do you make crafts? Do you sell your creations or do you just craft so that you keep your hands from strangling people instead? Oh, am I projecting? Share your link if you have a shop so I can check it out!

"There is no such thing in anyone's life as an unimportant day." – Alexander Woolcott

2 comments:

Name: Holly Bowne said...

Those are beautiful, Teresa! I was into making jewelry a while back, but haven't made anything in over a year. So many fun things to do, so little time... (*sigh*)

TeresaR said...

Holly, I know it! I can barely get through the day with all the stuff I have to do, let alone find time to do fun things. :}