Sunday, October 30, 2011

It can't be NaNoWriMo time already?!

As a couple of Facebook friends said, "it isn't possibly November yet." Where did the year go? Last year at this time, we were in Vancouver busy with my mother's funeral. I wrote a total of a few hundred words for NaNoWriMo before giving up and giving in to grief and stress.

I've been doing NaNo since 2007, and have never planned a story for it (in the spirit of the original NaNo...read founder Chris Baty's No Plot? No Problem! book to know what I mean), but this year I am going to bend the fabric of space-time and bring several aspects of my writing life together and work on a story I have already partially planned out.  Being a purist never was very useful unless the only thing you want to accomplish is feeling smug. And being smug never paid the bills.

If you feel like you have a novel in you, join me in NaNo! I'm "writer64" there if you want to be my buddy. Don't forget to stock up on the caffeine of your choice!


"There is no such thing in anyone's life as an unimportant day." – Alexander Woolcott

3 comments:

Epicure68 said...

I'm glad this year you can focus on NaNoWriMo instead of something less happy and more stressful. Hope you have a wonderful time with it.

Do we get to read it when you're done?

Name: Holly Bowne said...

Good luck to you, Teresa! I'm in the same spot I was last year at this time. Still editing my first novel attempt. Sigh. Someday...

TeresaR said...

Epi and Holly, I need to do a post on my NaNo-Fail... :P