Monday, December 26, 2011

Maybe I should become regular?

And before you think I'm being TMI, rest assured that I mean posting on my blog, and not, you know, the other thing.

I need to come up with a game plan of topics to write about...52 of them, in fact, since I should - *should* - post once a week, on a set day. Even if nobody else is reading, it's a good exercise in meeting deadlines and forming dedicated writing habits.
The key, I believe, is to follow that famous rule: K.I.S.S. In my case, it'd be Keep It Short, Stupid. Or maybe it's Keep It Short & Sarcastic. That works too.

I think the only thing that doesn't work is the Feast or Famine method. I'm also not a fan of the Inundate the Reader method (which is where a post goes on for waaay too long and has no photos). I will try not to do either of those to you.

Do you have any goals for your blog for the coming year?

Have a fun New Year's if you're doing anything, and may 2012 be a fulfilling year for you!

"There is no such thing in anyone's life as an unimportant day." – Alexander Woolcott

8 comments:

Michelle said...

Great minds think alike ;)

Last night, after complaining about feeling uninspired, I started thinking about the blog, wanting to be more regular and topics I could talk about.

Once a week is a great idea. I'm always surprised and a little envious of those who blog every single day. My problem is, I have a lot to say... I'm the one who inundates readers with too much :( I'll have to figure out your K.I.S.S method.

Good luck with your 52 topics. Whatever they may be, I will be here reading them weekly because I enjoy everything you have to say :)

TeresaR said...

Michelle, I hope you'll start blogging again! I've missed your always informative posts. You are such a dear; I appreciate having an audience especially one that's biased toward me. LOL!

Epicure68 said...

I hear ya! I thought I could blog everyday, but really, no one wants to hear that many brain farts in one year. ;D I like your idea of once a week because it gives you time to formulate and come up with topics. I guess in this case, you won't be using a picture to convey a thousand words? ;)

Kathryn Patterson said...

Wow - this is the exact conversation I had with myself today. (Yes, I do talk to myself.) I was posting about once a day, Monday through Friday, before the holidays. I think I'll start doing it again.

Good luck with your blogging, Teresa! I look forward to reading your posts in the New Year. :-)

TeresaR said...

Monica, I think if you kept the blog posts fairly short, you could do the post-a-day thing, but you're right: who would be reading that many posts of yours. And I don't mean to rag on you...when I say "yours", I mean mine...I know I can't keep up with other people's daily posts. If I did daily posting, it'd be for the same as my plan to post weekly: simply for discipline and practice. As you well know, I have no discipline, so there ya go. ;D

Kathryn, all writer and nuts (hahaha) talk to themselves! ;) Best of luck to you too on your daily-blogging goals. You obviously have a lot more discipline than I do! And I've enjoyed reading your blog posts.

K. P. Hornsby said...

Good luck with 52 topics! I made a resolution to post monthly (so lazy!) at my non-fiction blog. I wrote down 12 topics and will randomly draw one each month (my hope is that not knowing them ahead of time will make it more 'fun' to research them. As for my fiction blog... I still have a day to devise a resolution ;-) Hope 2012 will be a successful year for both of us!

TeresaR said...

KP, are you taking bets on how long I'll last? ;) I'll drink to our success! With you, Russell, and the crew by my side, how can I fail? LOL!

Name: Holly Bowne said...

I need to become regular, too!! I'm so NOT regular. And I love your tip about K.I.S.S. (But let's call it "Keep It Simple, Sweethearts!)

Trouble is, I do try to post once a week, and lately even that is struggle! But perhaps if I just included more KISS-ing posts... (Ha, ha!) Seriously though, shorter posts may be the answer for me!