Monday, January 2, 2012

Tackling 2012

...like Frenzy obviously plans on doing:
Or superhero style, like Green Lantern. :)

My buddy Tom sent me his vintage (Gen 1) Transformer action figure and its weapons. As if that wasn't enough to make my heart go pitter-patter, he also gave me a hand-painted Green Lantern ring. I'm so psyched to wear it out and have people give me thumbs-ups as an acknowledgment of our secret Brother/Sisterhood of Geeks.

Or maybe I'm being too optimistic. I thought people would be giving me thumbs-ups for my Firefly shirt, but that never happened. Once, though, when my Firefly theme-song went off on my cellphone at the library, a gal who worked there said to me, "I love your ringtone!" There's hope.

Did you get any cool gifts this holiday?

"There is no such thing in anyone's life as an unimportant day." – Alexander Woolcott

8 comments:

Michelle said...

Haha! My hubby would give you a high five, he use to wear a green lantern ring that came with a magazine.

TeresaR said...

Yay! I'm glad your hubby appreciates comic books! :)

Stace said...

No one commented on your Firefly shirt?????? What is this world coming too...tsk tsk. I bet you'll get comments on a green lantern ring though....he's been around longer and I'm certain that there are TONS of closet comic geeks out there :)

TeresaR said...

Stace, I know! What indeed?! I'm hoping I'll get a reaction to the ring...even if I have to punch someone to get it. ;)

Epicure68 said...

I think if you get the Green Lantern lantern, that'll be a conversation starter. And if you dressed up as Green Lantern that'll help your cause.

Firefly Mom said...

Nobody got your shirt? You should wear it around here. Mike loves wearing his Blue Sun t-shirt because typically at least 1 person comments on it (we won't talk about the time that some guy starting singing Hero of Canton...and I joined in. ;)

TeresaR said...

Monica, I am trying to figure out how I can make a Green Lantern costume for Halloween! :)

Firefly Mom, Shocking, isn't it? I wore it to Barnes & Noble for about 4 hours and nobody said a word!!! You obviously live in a very cool town/area.

Name: Holly Bowne said...

Man, I have GOT to watch this Firefly show everybody is talking about! I was feeling all hip and cool because I finally saw the first three episodes of BBC's "Sherlock" over the Christmas holiday.