Monday, April 30, 2012

Friend or Follow?

So I dropped out of Facebook...it was supposed to be a temporary hiatus while I got some writing and other stuff done for deadlines, but now that I've been away for a few weeks, I don't know that I want to go back. I've not had the yen to go back. I'm not even the least bit curious as to what people are doing.

I'm also on Twitter but because I don't find that it distracts me as much as Facebook did, I didn't bother to suspend that account while I was on a time crunch.

Because I'm not as fussy as to whom I friend on Twitter as I am on Facebook, I find that after a while, I have too much stuff in my "stream". While I use Tweetdeck (because Kristen Lamb told us we had to) to keep track of people whose tweets I most want to see, I still feel swamped. And that's where Friend or Follow comes in.

I know Twitter has hiccups where it un-follows people randomly for you, but sometimes, for whatever bizarre reason, people will follow you, wait for you to follow them back and then un-follow you. Weird.

So to weed out people like that, you can use the nifty tool called Friend or Follow to find out who got you to follow them and then stopped following you. It's a great decluttering tool...and it's free! I like to use it about once a month or once every couple of months to clean up my Twitter account.

Thanks, @Randy_Gage for creating Friend or Follow! You've made cleaning up easy on Twitter. Now if you could invent something similar to deal with the rest of my house, especially the junk drawer...

Have you used FoF before? Are you as enamored by it as I am?

"There is no such thing in anyone's life as an unimportant day." – Alexander Woolcott

No comments: