Monday, July 16, 2012

Got craft?

I've been told in the past that I have natural skills in fine art and writing. Honestly, most some days I wish I had skills in something more useful, like woodworking and giving public speeches, instead.

Hubby's parents' neighbor was a pilot by career and a woodworker by hobby. He had a craft that was more tangibly rewarding and valued by many, including me. He made this little chest for my in-laws many years ago, and I had told my MIL that it was something that I'd like to have whenever they want to pass it on. So, now I have it. I keep it on my nightstand so I can admire Mr. H's fine craftsmanship every day...and wish that I were more talented in other areas.
What are your talents and are they the talents you wish you had?

"If there's a book you really want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." ~ Toni Morrison

No comments: